The Indo-Swiss Building Energy Efficiency Project (BEEP) provides technical assistance to builders and developers in designing energy efficient buildings. The technical assistance is provided by conducting a design charrette in the early design phase of the project.
Jupiter Hospital, Pune is a 350 bed multi-speciality hospital; the second project under Jupiter Lifeline Hospitals Ltd. It was the 8th project selected for the BEEP Integrated Design Charrette and the charrette was held in February 2014. The project was completed in December 2016.
Built-up area: 26580 m2
Climate type: Warm and Humid
Strategies recommended during the charrette
- 150 mm AAC (Autoclaved Aerated Concrete) blocks was proposed to replace 230 mm brick wall
- Roof insulation of 100 mm extruded polystyrene was proposed for uninsulated roof
- Proposed high performance glazing for windows in place of double clear glass
- Installing the heat recovery wheel of effectiveness of 0.75 (sensible and latent) in all AHU units
- Free cooling the zones whenever outside temperatures are below set point temperatures
- Gliding the chilled water temperature at part loads + Energy Efficient chiller selection
- Using condenser water to reheat the supply air where reheat units are provided