The Indo-Swiss Building Energy Efficiency Project (BEEP) organized an event on 20th November 2014 to recognize the building projects for which BEEP has conducted Integrated Design Charrettes for energy efficiency. These exemplary projects have actively participated in the design charrettes and availed the technical assistance for designing and constructing an energy efficient building.
The projects were awarded by Dr. Ajay Mathur, Director General, Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) and Daniel Ziegerer, Director of Cooperation, Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC). In his address Dr. Mathur said that as the BEE pushes the adoption of the Energy Conservation Building Code (ECBC) to more architects and developers, it is important that the charrette methodology be promoted as an instrument to achieve building energy efficiency. Mr. Ziegerer congratulated all the awarded projects and hoped that they would be ambassadors of the charrette methodology within the building and design community.
The event was held with the support of the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) and the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC). It was attended by the representatives of the projects felicitated, architects, HVAC consultants, building energy consultants, representatives of other bilateral cooperation projects among others.Awardees
Aranya Bhawan, the new office building in Jaipur of the Department of Forest, Government of Rajasthan, was awarded a Plaque for having participated in the BEEP Integrated Design Charrette and implementing the energy efficiency strategies recommended in the charrette. This project was executed by Rajasthan State Road Development and Construction Corporation Ltd (RSRDC).
The following projects were given certificates in recognition of their active participation in the BEEP Integrated Design Charrette and their intent to design and construct an energy efficient building:
- Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) Paalika Bhavan, Bengaluru: Designed and executed by Karnataka Public Works Department
- TGBL Yeswanthpur Integrated Mixed Use Development, Bengaluru: Developed by Tata Realty and Infrastructure Ltd (TRIL)
- Jupiter Lifeline Hospitals Ltd., Pune
- World Trade Centre, GIFT City, Gandhinagar: Developed by Viridian Real Estate Development
- India International Institute of Democracy and Election Management, New Delhi: Executed by Central Public Works Department (CPWD) for The Election Commission of India