The BEEP Camp for students is held annually by The Indo-Swiss Building Energy Efficiency Project and CEPT University. The camp is designed for students (in the domains of architecture, planning and engineering) and young professionals.
What to expect in the BEEP Camp?
- Learn the fundamentals of energy efficient and thermally comfortable building design through expert lectures and tutorials
- Experience and learn to design buildings using integrated design approach in multi-disciplinary group-work sessions
- Visit and observe experiments at the Centre for Advanced Research in Building Science and Energy (CARBSE) lab in CEPT University
- Visit energy efficient buildings and interact with its architect-engineer and operations team
- Network with key building energy efficiency sector stakeholders
- Presentations on academic project work in poster session
BEEP Camp For Students
Bharat Reddy Tripuram
Innobella Marketing & Entertainment Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
The Banyan Tree
Genesis Media Pvt Ltd
I’ve been working in the field of building energy efficiency for the past 6 months and felt that there were many gaps in my knowledge. this camp help me filled those gaps.Before the camp, I through I’d only on receiving end , learning things. But here i was also on giving end. There were students and my experience was useful for them. I came across various methods of interacting with different professionals and students. This could be resourceful on teaching site too.
The camp had comprehensive learning along with communication skills development. the best part was that we tried out hands on- integrated design process. I also got update my knowledge during this camp.
Apart from learning about building energy efficiency, it was different atmosphere with everybody – architects, researchers , professionals – together in an exclusive environment. I was empowering to be a part of this camp.
The BEEP camp show the layers of complexities that this field involves. In my future work, I I would specially take forward the aspects of team building learnt in the camp.
BEEP Camp For Educator
BEEP Educator Camp 2018
Part of mainstreaming building energy efficiency is strengthening building science education in our institutions. BEEP organized the BEEP Camp for Educators 2018 with the objective of increasing organized interaction between building science educators.
Participating educators shared about adopted pedagogy, academic curricula, tools and approaches used to impart building science education at undergraduate and postgraduate programs in India, and, how this responds to requirements of the building sector